Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design your own board to operate a paintball gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvall

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Paintball board design

Where would I find a good schematic on how to design your own board to operate a paintball gun?

Re: Paintball board design

**broken link removed**

that is my marker, for which I have done two separate control boards over the course of its construction. The first question I have is: how experienced are you with electronics? there are two totally different routes you can take with the circuitry. one is using a microcontroller, and the other is doing it all without one. My first control board was done using discrete components and timer ICs only... it worked, and it is a feasible way to make a board, but it's about as basic as you can get. Using a microcontroller opens up a lot of doors; digital timing schemes, interactive user interfacing (menu systems, LCD displays, serial communications with a computer, etc etc)

but if you aren't very familiar with microcontrollers then it might be a little much to dive into using them for this kind of an application.

Added after 1 hours 22 minutes:

oh, and as you can see from the pics on my site, the prototype board was rather oversized, filling the whole grip frame... currently I'm working on a twin-stacked board design that uses a lot of SMD components and can fit in a grip alongside a 9v battery.

what kind of marker are you looking to control? my application is a dual-solenoid design, so its about as complex as it gets, but can be easily scaled down for a single-solenoid design for use on a different marker...

i'm mainly asking because it wouldn't do you a whole lot of good if i gave you intricate dual-sided board designs and PIC code if you didn't have the experience to actually do anything with something that complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back