Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajay1596

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to design a triband or quadband antenna and i needed to know techniques to make an antenna resonate at multiple bands of frequencies. i have studied like v can make a U slot, L slot, Resistive or Capacitive loading, Meandered patch, F type design, L type design etc to make multiband antennas. But i needed to know few things
1) How can i determine the length and position of a slot?
2) How can i find the feed location of antenna?
3) With what dimensions should my base antenna design begin with so that i can make slots in that
4) how can i determine the length of f type or l type antenna
please help me with this
also please suggest some books to refer for design of multiband microstrip antennas

1) The circumference of the slot is lamda/2 at the operating band if it lies inside the structure. if you create an open slot then the length of the slot should be lamda/4.
2) are you exciting the antenna with inset or coaxial feed?
3) suppose if you want to design antenna operating at 1,2,3 and 4 GHz. then base antenna could operate at 1 GHz.
4) I did not understand your question.... but in general overall length of the antenna is around lamda/2 at operating band.

I am using a coaxial feed. I need to know the feed location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…