Not open for further replies.

kadiriseri

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to everyone.
I want to design a wire monopole antenna with a rectangle ground plane in hfss. However,I need some help in excitation and radiation. Can antone help me??

Here is a monopole cantenna that I designed. It is pretty straight forward, and you should be able to tell what I did.

I made this using metal ducting from a hardware store and it performed very close to the simulated results.

Do you have a model started already? If you post it, I'll take a look at it and help you get everything properly defined.

AndyECE said:
Here is a monopole cantenna that I designed.

Do you think this is a monopole antenna? Are you sure you uploaded the correct file? it is a horn antenna I guess.

It is a cylindrical waveguide antenna, but it is actually using a monopole to generate the excitation. The method I used to define the wave port is exactly the way you would define it for a monopole on a ground plane.

If the procedure is not clear, please upload what you have so far and I will be glad to tweak it for you

Added after 4 minutes:

I guess you might say it is a "quarter wavelength dipole", but I assure you that the cylindrical housing is creating an image effect that is making this resonate like a half-wave dipole, and that what a monopole is all about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…