Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design circuit with bsim3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tran

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
In almost books, the authors only show methods to design circuits with MOS level 1. But how do we design circuit with Bsim3 model ? This model is different from mos level1, it has many parameters and its equation is very complex. If you design with level1, how do you change your answer to bsim3?
Can anyone give me some idea about this problem?
Thank you very much.

For hand calculation, only the simple model can be used. For simulation, you can use bsim3 model

but the results I calculate by hand is different from simulation very much. How can I reuse my result (by hand) for simulation with small error?

it's impossible to get the accurate parameters by hand .dont put emphasis on these values from 1-order modles.What u need to do is to find the relations among these parameters.

All the current models are based on low channel length. So BSIM3 is necessary. You plot the Output and input characteristics rather than using the hand calculated values. Start designing from thses charactestics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back