Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design analog circuit desiging

Status
Not open for further replies.

barath

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
would like to know how to learn to design electronic circuits?
I have learn basic electronic on how the basic compoenent works but it is still not enough to do circuit designs. Any tips on how to learn design circuits .What else i need to learn in order to do circuit designs. I have seen people can design circuit from scratch to complete circuit. thank a lot

Hi:

As a first step try reading materials/books on Analog Integrated Circuit Design, as a start up books like Analog Integrated Circuit Design by Ken Martin would be beneficial. Hope this helps

Rgds

yes. you must study the book on the IC design, like above one Martin's or razavi or Grayor Allen.

Go and take an analog ic class. It is difficult to learn those analog ic on your own. If you can design an opamp starting from a single transistor, you are half way there.

Classic Analog Circuit design book by Gray/Meyer is quite popular. New book by Razavi is a lot easier to learn compared to Gray/Meyer. I agree with suggestion of taking a class, this is not an easy subject as complexity goes up quickly the more component you add to your design.

Just try design a simple from text book

You have to learn the skill to analysis the circuits (DC, small signal),
not jist to learn how to deduce the formula.
Maybe you can refer the book "CMOS Analog Circuit Design" edited by Allen, first.

read some basic book
Razavi "analog ic design"

I think you have the basic concept.so you can do some project to improve your real skills.

think in terms of building blocks. each block has different functionalities. it's up to you on how to design the blocks with the desired functionalities. some functionalities like wave-shaping circuit, current mirror, etc, have their generic design. it's you who will customize it, on how much current it sources and sinks, what is the amplitude and shape produces by each blocks.

read books that concentrates on designing, not just theoretical explanation. sedra/smith's book is good. i also like m.h. rashid's book.

i have read a few books like razavi or gray, but what is the next step?

you can download and simulate circuits free.

you can get baker's book here, and use his web site at cmosedu.com.

you can download his problems and solutions and also a free simulator.

then start simulating !

you can learn to simulate easy circuits on solver like MWO which is easier to learn for beginner or even PSpice.

Read Razavi and Martin's classic books.

go to berkelay's web to download the project of the class.

could you please post the link to the berkeley project.

thanks

Hi

I have the 84 copy of Gray/Meyer can any one tell me what additional material the current edition (01) has to justify getting it. I find the Gray/Meyer book very readable.

How do Martin / Razavi compare in terms of readability and content ?

thanks

Razavi much more readable then Gray/Meyer for me. To start get a simulator (many free/shareware) and some models. Find good project from a class on web and start!

Whats the full title of the book by Razavi please ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.