Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design am transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vead

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i want to know how to decide which one circuit is use for am transmitter

i know to create transmitter circuit we require modulator,amplifier and oscillator
there are different circuit like ring modulator balanced modulator
but i don't know which modulator ,which oscillator is use for am transmitter

thanks

Hi,
The choice of the oscillator depends on the purpose, range and frequency of transmission... In most cases balanced modulator is being used...

A balanced modulator has no carrier at the output, this is not what we want with an AM transmitter. The simplest modulator that is suitable for an AM transmission is a high level modulator. This is where the modulator alters the current flowing in the RF power output device. Its disadvantage is that it requires a power equal to half the power amps rating, but for low power its cheap and rugged with low distortion.
Frank

You may want to build a Real AM transmitter, using valves and high voltage.
If you're interested Ive got working schematics for 800w 1kw and 2kw

Tutorial
https://www.mikroe.com/old/books/rrbook/chapter2/chapter2.htm

Simple AM Transmitter
simple-am-transmitter-uses-crystal-ear-piece-as-micophone-circuit-diagram.jpg

**broken link removed**

Dear vead
Hi
It is pretty simple but depends on how much power do you need in your out put ? if you tell me a bit more explanations i can help you as well .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

To build a good transmitter, taqke the following steps:
Build an audio pre-Amp,
An oscillator circuit a crystal oscillator arrangement is desirable because of its improved stability,
A mixer.
Precautions are:
Make sure that the tracks of the vero-board are reduced to the minimal length where possible.In fact a PCB should be used for all frequency dependent circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.