Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a H BRIDEGE USING IGBT'S and its driver circuit for switching 230v dc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mitra,

Is there any tutorials or threads in this forum regarding this process. I am not able to figure out the things you have mentioned in previous comment. I am planning to use 4/8 MHZ crystal oscillator for pic, and what is operation frequency at the driver input and array of pwm widths. I need more clarifications regarding the above points. I have used pic before but i never used pic for pwm operation.

Last edited:

I referred the above links in which four pwm signals are generated by the controller and they are given to ir2110 driver circuit for generating a sine wave. I need those signals to be controlled by a input from my another device. Is it possible to place a relay in between the controller output and ir2110 and control the switching of the bridge from the signals given from my control device. I ll be giving two signals(pressing pushbuttons) from the device while pressing one button the pwm pulses are made to available for the ir2110 in order to drive the Q1 and Q3 using a relay and the same process for the Q2 and Q4 using another push button.

The two input signals to the gate driver IC ir2110 cannot be controlled by relays: they need to come from a microprocessor that will control the pulse frequency and duration of individual pulses. You CANNOT use pushbuttons for this purpose.

If you just wish to use the H bridge as a simple switch, controlled by push buttons, then what the PIC will be doing? You need to be clearer in your objectives.

I am posting my requirements in the form of rough block diagram.

IMG_20160204_093045904.jpg

I have a control device in which two control buttons are placed. There are 2 output terminals. Each output has two pins i.e (one output has two pins). The two pins are shorted when pressing control button in the front panel of the device. So, whatever signal i give in the first pin will be available in second pin while pressing the button. Using this i have to provide the voltage from the capacitor bank to load. While pressing first button the load should get supply as +230v and it should get the voltage in opposite polarity -230 while pressing the second button.

So, I have to perform the switching the polarity of voltage that has to be given to load using H bridge and its driver circuit. The control signal(pwm signals to HIN and LIN)to the ir2110 driver has to go via the output terminals of my control device.

When pressing the first button the pwm signal generated by pic should go the HIN(of first ir2110) and LIN(of second ir2110) pins in order to drive the Transitor Q1 and Q4. While pressing the second button the pwm signal should go to the LIN(of the first ir2110) and HIN(if second ir2110) in order to drive the Transitor Q2 and Q3.

After referring many forums and sites i designed a circuit for my application. I am getting output as i expected for 12v dc motor as load and also getting output for bulb by using 110v as supply. But, problems occurs while trying 220v dc the low side part of bridge gets damaged.

Note: I am shorting the grounds of both driver ic ground and load ground. Is it wrong are there any flaws in the circuit.

IMG-20160304-WA0002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.