Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to derive the equations that rule the design of LC balun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samy_75

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am newbie in the field of....... I want to learn how to derive the equations that rule the design of LC balun. I found this equation in several papers, but was not able to derive them from the circuit topology.
I hope someone could help to this.

Thanks,

Samy

balun lc

I would not call that circuit a "balun"! I would call it "a crappy circuit the chip manufacturer needed to come up with because he made a chip with a differential output, but most customers want single ended output".

I am not surprised that the equations are bull.

lc balun circuits

You just calculate Xc, Xl to be 71 ohms @ Fc. The same way you calculate Xc,Xl to 71 ohms for a PI / TEE LC Balun.

balun equations

Ehi biff, you're too strong with poor Atmel guys.

Indeed this is a classical and simple implementation of a balun, widely used to make his job, that is exactly: a circuit the chip manufacturer needed to come up with because he made a chip with a differential output, but most customers want single ended output.

Simple: one branch make 90deg the other -90deg with an impedance ratio.

Equations are correct.

Why you don't like it?

Mazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back