Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to define a internal test_mode and test_se in DFT flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

horzonbluz

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, my friends.
I meet a problem. The front RTL coding designer design a internal test_mode and test_se signal. In DFT flow, how can i define a this kind of internal test_mode and test_se signals?

Re: How to define a internal test_mode and test_se in DFT fl

you can create a top level pins called test_mode and test_se. then at the module level hookup pins to top level pins.

Re: How to define a internal test_mode and test_se in DFT fl

I mean a internal test_mode and test_se signal, for example:
assign test_mode = bs_mode ? ( bist_en ? 1'b0 : ( scan_en ? 1'b1 : 1'b0 ) ): 1'b0 ;
in this example, bs_mode , bist_en and scan_en are all top pins. So the test_mode is a internal signals and internal wire.

my understanding is, that you are deriving the internal test_mode signal based the scan_en and the bs_mode. after synthesis you will have mux with output of inter test_mode signal. so you no need define this test_mode signal for performing the scan.may be you can called it as int_test_mode for avoiding cofusion with top level test mode signal.
correct me if i am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back