Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to decide the frquency for complex designs like processo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kil

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i have one doubt regarding deciding the frequecy of the system .i have designed a system and syntheised it using snopsys DC and i found that slack is met and can i fix that frequecy or i should make some changes in the delays and try to reduce the frequceny and again resynthesize the design

my doubt is how actullay the designers for complex circuits like processor design and other complecated designs will fix the frequecy

on what basis the designer consider the frequcy whether on the present technoloy or on the internal delays or on what thing

if u have any pdf or site link plz forward me .......................

if i am working on 90nm technology can i fix one frequency or what basis that frequency of system depends........

with regards,
kil

Re: how to decide the frquency for complex designs like proc

It depends on the requirements.

Hi,
Based on throughput requirements frequncy is decided. If your design has positive slack, you may delete some pipeline registers to save hardware..

rgds
k_vlsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back