Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to deal with noise on mixed Signal IC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Qi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
How to prevent digital swithcing noise from disturbing analog circuits?
Should I use Deep N-well to envelop all digital circuits as someone's advice?
Or envelop all analog circuits?

any other methods to deal with the noise between digital and analog?

Thanks in advance

Robert

isolation between the power supply and ground of the analog and digital part can avoid a lot of noise coupling,....

first, envelop blocks seperately by guard ring, then deep trench is a way to isolate the analog and digtal parts of the chip.

I have the same question.
I think analog blocks is the most sensitive circuit, they must be isolate from the digital circuit. The first is use the different VDD and GND for analog/digital. And second Nwell or space is two ways to isolate the different blocks, but there's a trade-off between die size and isolation, and adjacent the Nwell, there must be a P+ Pickup envelop Analog block to absorb the substrate noise.

Robert Qi said:
Dear All,
How to prevent digital swithcing noise from disturbing analog circuits?
Should I use Deep N-well to envelop all digital circuits as someone's advice?
Or envelop all analog circuits?

any other methods to deal with the noise between digital and analog?

Thanks in advance

Robert

deep N well, guard ring, enlarge the distance between digital and analog.

dual guard ring for analog block for better isolation.

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
isolation between the power supply and ground of the analog and digital part can avoid a lot of noise coupling,....

I can't agree more. If your application is over a couple of dozens of MHz, unless you do a really careful design of the power supply lines, you will see lots of switching noise from the digital part.

Pay especial attention to the digital pads, they really are noisy

hey

check the attached file.

Separate power of different module and add guard ring.

Sadegh.j

Could you put the rest of the doc? Or maybe give a reference to see where it comes from, I would like to read more about that backplane

thanks

guard ring for sensitive analog part, seperate vcca & vccd, decoupling capacitences for vcca (especially sorround sensitive analog circiut), decoupling capacitences for very big inverters ,add decoupling caps on your unused space , shied your long wire dc bias with power supply wire

Status
Not open for further replies.