Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW TO Custom USB HID Device writing in Linux .. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dharmeshpitroda

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
linux write hid

Hello,

I have good USB concept and also i know linux kernel architecture and also some concept in Driver.

I want to write / send some data in my custom HID based USB device in LINUX.

So can you please help me about wbere i have to start or which one should my steps ?

I acess this device in Windows and evey thing done by DLL file so its not possible that i do same thing in linux by writing some library (.so) file and do same thing in linux ? whether i am thinking right or not ?

PLZ help me ,

thanks for your time and consideration,

regards,
dharmesh

linux write to hid as a file

Hi Antharax ,

I already read important topics from this book, and as i told i have concept means i got it from this book,

I am confused regards one thing that we want to send data from application(PC) to custom HID device.. and generaly HID device has just sending functionality not receving and as its client's requirement , i have to do it so,

Also i confused, regards starting, i have three option
1) Start with scretch and Write my own linux device driver (if is it then i am going to write my first driver !!!)
2) Use USBHID driver available in linux (as per my knowledge it has write function but it can send only one char at time and also slow !!!)
3) Use LIBUSB (I think it doent have write functionality !!!)

If any-budy have done such kind of project or you have any kind of information regards topic mension above than please scrap it..

Redards,
Dharmesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back