Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create vwf file from modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

abd_elhamid_

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
After I write my VHDL code in Quartus and compiled it, I want to verify the proper operation of my code and create .vwf simulation file. How can I simulate and create .vwf file from modelsim?...please help

Thanks

After I write my VHDL code in Quartus and compiled it, I want to verify the proper operation of my code and create .vwf simulation file. How can I simulate and create .vwf file from modelsim?
.vwf is a Quartus specific file format. Modelsim doesn't use it.

To simulate and verify proper operation of your code, one would typically write a testbench which is simply additional VHDL code that
1. Models the inputs to your design and
2. Monitors the outputs of the design and verifies that they are correct.

If you only want to do #1, then you can still manually verify that the waveforms looks correct in Modelsim.

Kevin Jennings

Thanks Kevin. But if I want to simulate and create .vwf and wlf simulation files, which tool must be use instead of using modelsim to achieve that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back