Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create model file(.net file) for a PDK in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prabhanshu

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to make a resistor component for my PDK, where in the user can change the resistance and width and length automatically adjusts. All that I have almost managed my .ael file with help from ADS Designkit Development tutorial.

However, the model of this resistor is that it has parasitic capacitance and inductance. I know what the equivalent circuit is (Image attached) and I have s-parameters s2p files for different widths and lengths of this resistor. I am currently converting Sparameters to Yparameters to derive my R, L, C values at different frequencies and widths if their need arises.

The problem is I don't know how to create the .net file which models this resistor , i.e. that incorporates the inductor and capacitor equivalent circuit and incorporates the way resistor, inductor and capacitor values change with frequency?
I know it might look like the image attached, but how that comes about is unknown to me. This snippet is from the tutorial user manual, but nothing is mentioned about how they came about this code.

Can someone guide me on how this model file is created? Is this possible within ADS or do I need to learn hspice or spectre? Do I need to derive polynomial dependence of these with frequency and width or some model file builder tool is available that can do all this using sparameters?

Kindly some one with knowledge of PDK building in ADS, point me in the direction, so I can start learning about model builder tool/hspice/spectre or whatever that is needed.

Please comment if my query isn't clear enough, even a small help is appreciated.

Attachments

• eqckt.png
    eqckt.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 173
  • rnet.png
    rnet.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 190

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor