Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create .dll files using compilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapgo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to create .dll files

hi all

How to create .dll files

Regards
Gopi

Re: How to create .dll files

Good day

The compiler that you use can be set to target the code to a .lib, .exe or .dll
Typical compilers are C++ , Delphi , Clarion ........

Good day

The compiler that you use can be set to target the code to a .lib, .exe or .dll
Typical compilers are C++ , Delphi , Clarion ........

If you are using Visual C++ you can start from the top menu ...

FILE
NEW
(Choose poject type tag)
* for MFC chose : MFC AppWizard (dll)
* for non MFC choose : Win32 Dynamic-Link library

A dll have a dllMain entry point (for initialization for instance) and entry points for exported (public) functions.

Please provide some more detail in order to provide you with usefull information.

Hi,
how to create .dll files using borland Turbo C compiler.

thanks
Waqas

How to create .dll files

A Windows DLL? Turbo C? Oh my! Please do yourself a favor and get a modern Windows compiler.
I like free stuff, so I use MinGW. If you don't like command-line tools, you would probably prefer Microsoft Visual C++.

How to create .dll files

making dlls is veryyyyyyy easy like a hello world prog in .NET
kareja

How to create .dll files

please see the compiler otinons... are you sure you will use TC?Why to use some modern compiler?

How to create .dll files

hi,
u cannot create .dll with turbo c compiler, turbo c compiler was not meant to program windows, hence buy ur self a windows compiler and read the documentation.

Can you help me, too?

How to create DLL file in the Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 (free command line tools)?

I study C++ language.
I study English language.

How to create .dll files

I use usually the VC for designing DLL files.
It is very easy and convenient. you can also refer to the MSDN.

How to create .dll files

DLL file stand for Dynamic Link Library. It contains the code that is to be loaded by the main program. The purpose of DLL file is to reduce the memory space consumption of the program. You can use either Visual C++ or Borland C++ to compile your code into DLL file.

Hi all

Do you mean to say that any file to be converted in to .exe can also be converted in to .dll file Please clear this

Regards
Gopi

hi all

Or .DLLs are like components.

Regards
Gopi

swapgo said:
hi all

How to create .dll files

Regards
Gopi
Even in Visual Basic you can make DLL's but keep in mind when you make VB DLL these DLL's are dependent to VBRUN's.dll libraries themselves.

VB is ok to build some apps but in case for building DLL's in Windows C++ is most prefferable method.

swapgo said:
Hi all

Do you mean to say that any file to be converted in to .exe can also be converted in to .dll file Please clear this

Regards
Gopi
hi,
DLL can taken as dynamic header files ;).Like in turbo C u use stdio.h and compile the program and what happens there is that the dependant modules and your program module gets linked to get an executable.That way to execute your program u dont need any other components to be loaded alongside.But the drawback is that suppose you have 10 programs written in turbo C using the same blah blah function from stdio.h,and when u execute them at a time then u ll have 10 copies of thaat blah blah fucntion.SO memory wastage.So they came up with the load time dynamic linking(some runtime dynamic linking) in the form of DLLs.The DLL will have the loadable module fo tat blahblah function and will be common for all the 10 programs.Am I clear??
regards,
Kareja

How to create .dll files

The DLL will have the loadable module fo tat blahblah function and will be common for all the 10 programs.Am I clear??
to add to this statement by the above user I need to stress something.

Before you use it, need to know how to call this function. For an individual work with 2-3 libraries, by you or using someone's .dll file, you can find out yourself by examining the library API calls. If we are talking for numerous libraries you need some help file to know how to call them properly. if you plan for someone to use your library build a good documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back