Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create a xilinx project ,file and how to synthesis it

Status
Not open for further replies.

shobha

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
doubt.....

i have a doubt on xilinx.my query is,
how to create a xilinx project ,file and how to synthesis it.help me.

doubt.....

Hi shobha,

First u need xilinx ISE webpack version and u can download it for free from xilinx website.

Then, u read the user guide on how to use it or u can try xilinx tutorial.

Next, if u face any probs or errors u can write to this group or u go to xilinx mysupport website to get the answer to ur probs.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/mysupport.htm

Hope it helps... n enjoy learning :)
-no_mad

doubt.....

I assume you have already written your Verilog or VHDL code. If you've never written any HDL, try this simple Verilog 8-bit counter. Save it to a filename such as top.v
Code:
module top (clk, count);
  input             clk;
  output reg  [7:0] count=0;

always @ (posedge clk) begin
    count <= count + 1;
  end
endmodule
1. Launch ISE Project Navigator (I'm using ISE Foundation 8.1i).
2. Click File -> New Project -> enter desired projectname/location -> HDL -> Next.
3. Choose your device type -> Next.
4. Click Next to skip the Create New Source dialog.
5. Click Add Source -> navigate to your Verilog/VHDL source file -> Open -> Next.
6. Click Finish -> Ok to accept all your project creationg settings.
7. In the Processes tab, double-click Generate Programming File.
8. In a few seconds (or minutes or hours), it should synthesize, then place-and-route, and then create a configuration file that you can download to your device.
9. To see the routed chip layout, in the Processes tab, expand Implement Design, then expand Place & Route, then double-click View/Edit Routed Design (FPGA Editor). To zoom-in, use Ctrl-Shift-click-drag. To zoom out press F6.

My example does not constrain any pin locations, so ISE will choose them semi-randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back