Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to count nand 2 input on synopsis

Status
Not open for further replies.

toan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i see somebody speak is gate nand 2 = total area on synopsys/ area gate nand2

can it this true??

can you help me this is??

thank you so much!

The gate count of a particular library cell corresponds with the function of the standard gate count of the NAND-gate area in the technology library. For example, if the NAND-gate cell area is specified as 23 in the technology library and the flip-flop area is defined as 138, the total gate count of the flip-flop is 138/23 or 6.

Similarly, the gate count of a design is the area of a design divided by the gate count of the NAND gate (as defined in the technology library). This number is the area of the NAND gate. To find the total gate count of the design, divide the cell area by the area of the NAND gate.

thank you for answer!
but I see 1 cell contains a variety of logic gates(and,or,xor,nand...) so why the number of NAND gates can thus be calculate ??

thank you for answer:-| !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back