Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect radio to PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mark

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello..

How can I connect my radio, which is Sharp GF 9090, to my PC? I plan to hear music from the radio I play on PC. In other words, I plan to use radio as speakers. I certainly understand that I require some kind of cables, but what cables and in which hole I must plug it?

Thank you in advance,
Mark

That old boom box has a DIN auxilliary input jack that can only be monitored in record mode. You can disable the transport motor in record mode using a remote pause switch but the pinch roller will get a dent in it from being compressed against the capstan without turning so maybe your best option is to use a cassette adapter like this: **broken link removed** running the box in play mode. They are available from many makers at most stores that sell audio equipment. Connect it to the headphone jack on your PC. You should set it up in your audio software as if it was a pair of earbuds. You may find it useful to make a small notch in the edge of the cassette door to accomodate the cord without pinching it and you may need to use an extension on the cable.

Last edited:

You could also use an FM transmitter (Walmart ~$20-30). That might be more convenient than the tape adapter cause you won't need a long cable and you could use it in your car, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back