Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect PCB and FPGA board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlsi_design2

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a custom RFIC in QFN package with bond wires. The IC is soldered on a PCB. There are 20 digital I/Os in custom board and they need to be controlled using Kintex FPGA board.The data speed is 40Mbps in each I/O. How to connect the PCB and FPGA board (see attached figure)?

The FPGA board has FMC connector. I am planning to use board to board flexible connector between my PCB and FPGA board. Is there better solution?

You don't tell us anything about what standard you are using: LVDS? TTL?

Hi Barry, Thank you for your reply.I am using single ended CMOS logic using inverters. (0-0V and 1- 1V)

You are missing a lot of information. I doubt that your Kintex board is going to support 1V IO logic levels, you'll probably need some kind of level translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back