Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to communicate FPGA board with PC via USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.LB

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO,PLEASE GIVE SOME ADVISE,
I AM DESIGNING MY FPGA BORAD ,AND I WANT TO MAKE COMMUNICATION WITH PC THROUGH USB.I WANT TO KNOW HOW I CAN DO THAT,INCLUDING HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE,OR INTREDUCE ANY BOOKS FOR ME .
THANKS A LOT.
NICE DAY.

HELP WITH USB??

Depending on your FPGA board, it maybe easiest to use a USB to Serial converter and implement a RS232 protocol on your FPGA which is much easier than anything else. You can go up to 1MBits/second on the latest version of those converters that is good enough for a lot of projects.

Reactions: Mr.LB

Mr.LB

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: HELP WITH USB??

Depending on your FPGA board, it maybe easiest to use a USB to Serial converter and implement a RS232 protocol on your FPGA which is much easier than anything else. You can go up to 1MBits/second on the latest version of those converters that is good enough for a lot of projects.

THX,In fact ,I am trying to use usb2.0 to connect to pc.I have used the use-rs232 already to send datas.

The easiest option since, you have already successfully implemented a UART core, is to use a chip such as the following:

FTDI USB Slave Converters

If you want to implement a true USB interface, you'll need a USB transceiver inconjunction with a USB controller core implemented in the FPGA:

There are a multitude of USB transceiver available, one example is:

Cypress TX2UL USB 2.0 Transceiver

Of course your FPGA will determine a compatible chip, voltage levels, etc.

An Open Source USB Core can be found at:

OpenCores Projects

Look under Communication Cores.

Hope these links and info help with your endeavor.

Reactions: Mr.LB

Mr.LB

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hei ,bigdoggure,Thanks very much .I know what am I going to do .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back