Not open for further replies.

aneesholv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai

In my common Tranmission infrastructure ( FM radio Transmission unit ) there are 4 FM channels( each have 5 KW power) including my FM station .Here I want to know How can These 4 FM channel combine in to a single stream for broadcast through a common antenna system ? Can You explain the working of these combining system and antenna ?

Regards
Aneesh

I am not an expert I such high powers, but I believe the do this with a 4 filter quadraplexer. The filters are physically big, due to the need for high Q resonator elements.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not an expert I such high powers, but I believe the do this with a 4 filter quadraplexer. The filters are physically big, due to the need for high Q resonator elements.

I guess these kind of power transponders are combiner with Waveguide Combiners.Otherwise standard circuits and Microstrip Structures/Coaxial Elements can not support these power levels.
It's just a guess..

- - - Updated - - -

I guess these kind of power transponders are combiner with Waveguide Combiners.Otherwise standard circuits and Microstrip Structures/Coaxial Elements can not support these power levels.
It's just a guess..

Wave guide combiners are HUGE at these frequencies ? 3m X 3M cross section. A better way would to use resonant acceptor/rejector cavities with special lengths of coax between them which if long enough would give a "comb" filter, nulling out multiple channels.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…