Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to clear bios password

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng soso

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how do i clear my own bios password if i forget it?
note " i have tried to remove the pattery , write commands in cmd to clear the password but never succseded!" what shall i do Now?
thanks to all.

Hi;
What's the type of your laptop?
Unfortunately there are some laptops, wich store the bios pw in an eeprom,
you must this modify (NOT clear)
But it's a hard work, use Google to find a solution.

hello,
first thing first thanks alot, i have hp probook4520 laptop and i think it also store the password on eeprom unfortunatly!

That machine can't be more than a year or so old - have you checked if HP might help you under warranty?

I have used a boot cd for this in the past but I can't honestly recall if I ever tried it on a system with an eeprom pw.

Try Hiren's Boot CD (specifically BiosCracker) - it can be found here: Download Hiren. If that doesn't work you might have to send it to HP and expect it to cost a bit.

HI

its hiren boot cd work for all laptop bios password...?

Regards

Anill

In desktop PC you can reset the BIOS password by using a jumper configuration in the motherboard.
(shorting some pins specified by the bios manufacturer). which is very simple in the case of a desktop.

Dear Friend

Thanks For reply

well i would like to know how to clear or remove bios password in laptop motherboard...

Regards

Anil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back