Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to choose which transistor to use in TSMC 0.18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccw27

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

How do I go about choosing which transistor type (i.e. nmos2v, nmos2V_dnw, nmosmvt2V, etc) to use for a particular circuit? Is there a particular rule?

Thanks

i think there must have some readme to describe the transistor.

Basically what is the difference between nominal, medium, native and rf device from a circuit designer point of view.

thanks

I think it depends on the threshold voltage of the transistors you want.

There should be 2 pdf documents in your PDK - one about SPICE simulation of devices for high frequencies (RF) and another one - for lower frequencies. They contain all info that you need.

In brief:

nominal device - transisitor with normal threshhold (smth around 0.4 V as far as I remember, it also slightly depends on the size of the transistor)

medium - low Vt transistor

native - zero Vt transistor

These 3 models of devices are for low freq. For igh freq there's just one type of transistor - rf (although its model is more complex)

ccw27

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
to borodenkov

Do these Nominal, Native, Medium model transistors have differense in Layout?
How to distinguish these transistors?

yes they differ (simply because in the layout you need to show to fab which kind of transisitor you want to use)

you can get the help file from your PDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.