Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to choose inductor library

Status
Not open for further replies.

aashishsharma

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey I am designing some circuit in which i need to use inductors. I now realise (and it amazes me) that i have never used inductors before in any circuits(hardware).
I wanna use 3.3 nH,0.68 uH,1.2uH which inductors should i use??? I mean hardware? I just cant go the electronics shop and ask for such inductors like i do for other passives?? i heard they are real messy.
also what eagle library component should i go for.
thanks in advance

You can get the 3.3nH as a SMT part from many vendors online. The others will be larger, but can be found online as well. what is your application for the inductors? are they chokes or filter components or what?

reidintransit:: i need them as filter components.

- - - Updated - - -

Albbg:: although i i have simulated my design (which is a filter) and tuned all the parameters but knowing that inductors can be difficult to manage i used the value specified in the datasheet of the IC i was using. I didnt touch those values.
also i think i would be using discrete component not the kit as ultimately i would be designing entire board and would require on board component

Designer kit are just collection of inductors of many values. Is a plastic box containing the inductors divided by value.
They are discrete components, just you'll have many values in order to help select the right one.

Is the same to buy, for instance, 10 inductors 1uH, 10 inductors 1.2uH, 10 inductors 1.5uH ...... , buy a box a put all the inductors inside.

Hello friend, you try to online purchage or order to direct company..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back