Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check whether an 8051(20 pin) is working properly or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiran06

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to check whether an 8051(20 pin) is working properly or not?

Re: how to test 8051

You will need to write a test program, which could, for example, exercise all the port pins, peripherals, etc. You may eeven need to build a special circuit just to test it. Since this is a microcontroller, testing it is necessarily complicated.

how to test 8051

i agree with VVV. But more of what i think is basically, you want to check wheteher your chip is carrying out all the funtions for which it has been programmed, right? if so prepare out standard steps for it. or send us more details

If the chip memory can be programmed with your programmer then I suppose it is working.

how to test 8051

To test every single transistor in a micro seems a heavy burden. That involves among other things all peripherics!!

Write a Testing Program by making all the Port bits to set and Reset, and for testing serial port connect it to PC and send any one charactor from pc and compare that in uC if it is the Exact code i.e the code which u have set for comparision then transmit continues Charactor to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back