Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check rules and solve violations in SoC Encounter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven852

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DRC with Calibre

Hi,

I exported a gds file from SoC Encounter for a DRC with Calibre in Vituoso environment. I got rule violations: offgrid, spacing, or some specific rule checks, e.g., coverage percentage out of range. I wonder if it is possible to check them in SoC Encounter, where to check these rule definitions, and how to solve them.

Thanks

Re: DRC with Calibre

Hi,

I exported a gds file from SoC Encounter for a DRC with Calibre in Vituoso environment. I got rule violations: offgrid, spacing, or some specific rule checks, e.g., coverage percentage out of range. I wonder if it is possible to check them in SoC Encounter, where to check these rule definitions, and how to solve them.

Thanks

Looking for the same solution , If you find anything plz let me know .srinu.123@gmail.com

Thanks
YS

Does verifyconnectivity/verifygeomtry commands in Encounter doesnt helped you ? Also DRC run option avialble in encounter can help in this.

As Pamm2020 said, you should make sure your design is ok before exporting the GDS for doing DRC using Calibre. Some of the commands: verifygeometry, verifyprocessantenna.

Thanks.

To add to what pamm2020 and hairo said, u can try running checkDrc too in encounter , before u export the GDS to calibre.

Hi All,

Verify connectivity & Verify geometry will not give you all the violations which will be reported by calibre, as calibre reads many more rules than encounter.
But yes there is a way to read in the violations reported by Calibre into Encounter.

1) When you run calibre, the outputs must contain a text file & a binary database file.
2) The text file will give you the the violation details AND
3) The binary database will; be having the violations which could be ported into encounter. I exactly dont remember now, but as far as I recollect, the extension of binary database dumped by calibre has extension (.results OR .db), just check !!
4) The command for reading this calibre database into Encounter is "LoadViolationReport"....

Check it out guys !!
hope this helps.

regards,
Shobhit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back