Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to cater for difference in Baudrate of transmitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqar86

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a system where transmitter has baud rate of 0 - 1 Megabaud, where as receiver has baudrate of 0.1Megabaud - 1Megabaud, So,

i) what can be the effects on data transmission due to different baud rates of transmitter and receiver
ii) Someone gave me an idea to implement PSK modulation on fpga and that fpga should be between transmitter and receiver, i don't think PSK is gonna work because i don't have to carry out this transmission on a long range, its just 5 meters or less and i think PSK modulation doesn't have to do anything with data rate. am i right?
iii) How can i remove the difference in baud rates of transmitter and receiver by using fpga or cpld in betwwen transmitter and receiver, (considering i cant modify transmitter or receiver)

I wonder, what you are doing with a baudrate of zero? It means, that transmitting a single bit takes infinite time.

I wonder, what you are doing with a baudrate of zero? It means, that transmitting a single bit takes infinite time.

yes, thats a stupid thing to say baudrate of 0, what if i consider the tranmitter to be at 1 kiloBaud - 1 Megabaud. and receiver at 0.1 Megabaud -1 Megabaud ?

It's a trivial operation to increase the data rate of digital signal by e.g. encoding it with a known binary sequence. But there are many necessary informations missing from your post. Are you talking about a synchronous (with a companying clock) or asynchronous data stream? Are you transmitting raw data or is there a kind of framing or packet structure involved? What's constraining the receiver data rate?

Specifying a minimal rate for a raw data channel ususally implies, that the channel can't transmit unencoded data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back