Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the THD, THD+N,SNR of Switched Cap Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady205

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
calculating thd+n from thd

Hello Friends..

Can Anyone tell me how to calculate the THD ,THD+N, SNR of Switched Capacitor filter in Cadence

My clock frequency is 2M and the input frequency is 200k and amp is 500mV.

Thanks in Advance..

Shady205

how to calculate thd+n

hi shady205,

you can plot the PSD of output signal and calculate it's THD using calculator in cadence. but i recommend to output the waveform data onto Matlab and then process them.

how to calculate dynamic range of a filter

Hello jiangxb

Firstly i'm using a sampled data system. I need to use the PSS analysis and then proceed. So how should i find the PSD of the O/P.

I used the PSD function in the calculator..but i'm unable to get..it's displaying error...

difference, thd, thd+n

hi shady205,

i'm not familiar with PSS analysis, and from my opinion you can calculate the noise from PNOISE analysis. as for THD i think it should be calculated through TRAN analysis though the noise isn't present in TRAN analysis.

thd+n filter

for dynamic range sweep input and plot the SNDR vs input amplitude, and the dynamic range is the ratio of input amplitude between the input where SNDR is 0dB and that where SNDR reach maximum.

shady205

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
sndr thd snr

HaHa,still didn't know how to simulation

how to calculate thd in switched capacitor

I got the results but there is a difference of -1db in THD and THD+N..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back