Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the output current

Status
Not open for further replies.

somf0872

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design a power supply fir 15V and 300mA output. ............. In my design at the output satge I am using Op-amp OP213 from analog devices. The datasheet mention that the max short circuit limit is Isc=30mA ..............

Now doest this parameter means that my power supply is limited to only 30mA load or is there another way to find out how much current can be draw out from my power supply design.

I mean how can one calculate it or which parameter of op-amp I have to study for it.

--X--

You can boost the output current limit by driving an NPN emitter follower with the amplifier and put the load from emitter to ground. Then take the feedback from the emitter to the input of the amplifier.

It would be easier to use a three terminal regulator IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back