Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the Microstrip's parasitic parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQCQ

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
parasiticHow to calculate the Microstrip's parasitic parameter? such as parasitic inductence.Thanks!
-CQCQ

There are few books on microstrip theory & lot of ieee papers.
Go through them. You will get lot of equations.
see following books
1) Foundation of Microstrip circuits design
2)rfic & mmic design & technology

Check this topic:

I upload there the first page of my worksheet for such calculations. You will find all the equations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi RF-OM
The calculations you have done, are they for "parasitic" elements?
I think what CQCQ wants is parasitic parameters such as
Coupling capacitances between two lines, capacitance when there is step or bend in microstrip line etc.
So for that he has to refer analysis done in books & papers i guess.

CQCQ clearly stated he want to calculate inductance and I gave the link for such equations. If coupling is also concern I may check another equations.

Although parasitic parameters have been asked, I assume, that actually the transmission line characteristic inductance and capacitance are meant. A transmission line as such (also a microstrip) has no parasitic parameters, to my opinion. The equivalent inductance of a bend or the coupling capacitance of two lines would be a different thing.

To FvM,

I agree with you. In this particular question it looks like CQCQ asked about inductive part of impedance that can be seen from transmission line end. This is probably the most asked question when work with transmission line. Because this part of impedance depart from ideal characteristic impedance we may call it parasitic. I think that any unwanted parameter is parasitic when it is unwanted, but in other situation it may be used as a part of the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back