Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the capacitor of the MOSFET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaom9

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to calculate the capacitors of the MOSFET, please?
Cgs, Cgd, Csb, Cdb.
How to get them by hand calculation, please?

Thank you.
Best regards!

I think you may simulate it. It will be close to the fact.

hi...........

go for the book VLSI technology by SUNG MU KANG

in that refer chapter-3 in which the depth analysis is given on MOSFET. infact u'l find its entire derivation with explanation for capacitance like cgs,cgd etc....

go 4 it........

Thank you, everyone.
I have read Allen's book, page 79 ~87.
But I still have some question:
1 About the area and perimeter of the source and drain
Can we also use the L1=L2=L3=2um in Allen's book, page 79 ~87 to calculate the area and perimeter of the source and drain.
2 About the CGBO of the model, I can not find the CGBO model in 0.18um CMOS model, CGBO is not a spice model of level 49, how can I handle it?

Thank you.
Best regards!

CGBO - you should find it in your process parameters. if not, you can calculate it using the well-known formula from PN junction, but you'll need values of doping concentrations

Thank you, malizevzek
CGBO is not the parameter of the Level 49 model.
And I do not know the doping concentrations, too.

I agree with malizevzek. THat data MUST be listed somewhere in your process specification..., very close to the place where you'll find the dopings if you want to calculate it manually...

Status
Not open for further replies.