Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the Antenna gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus King

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir
i m doing project on microwave link planning. i want to calculate the gain of antennas as wel as the latitude and longitde distance in matlab.
can any body helps me in this regard. ishall be very thank ful to u.

can any body provides me the matlab code or user guide.

best wishes.
Virus king

There are a number of ways to estimate the gain of an antenna.

Here is one: G dbi = 10 log10 ( 4 Π (effective aperture area) / λ²) * efficiency

The distance on the surface of the earth may be calculated using spherical trig. Look up the details is Bowditch ( a bible in the boating world).

Added after 7 minutes:

There are a number of ways to estimate the gain of an antenna.

Here is one: G dbi = 10 log10 ( 4 Π (effective aperture area) / λ²) * efficiency

The distance on the surface of the earth may be calculated using spherical trig. Look up the details is Bowditch ( a bible in the boating world).

Virus King

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It seems as if you are doing a radio link budget. You should use the radar equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back