Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate temp coeff of band gap reference..

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhaykochhar2

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii..
how to calculate temp coeff of non linear expression as in case of band gap reference... we get non linear graph of a voltage reference... then i took differentiation of it with respect to temperature with the help of synopsys calculator... now hw to proceed for calculating it temp coeff... do i hv to take average of dV/dT or take a particular instant of dV/dT and divide it by V at that particular instant...
help me out..

A nonlinear graph means you have a circuit with a nonlinear temperature coefficient. If this is for a lab and you're expecting a straight line, then you probably need to fiddle with something in your setup (device scaling perhaps?)

However, if you're just trying to evaluate the "quality" of this bandgap (even well-designed bandgaps will move away from ideal), I'd almost recommend another measure: total excursion over likely thermal operation. For that, just measure top and bottom of the curve you get observing it over the likely range.

If you want to predict the bandgap's value at a given temperature I'd go beyond temperature coefficient to lookup tables or something. Assuming you don't mind having custom lookup tables!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back