Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate dimentions of inductor in layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v.srinivas

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
draw layout inductor

Hi guys
iam really intrested in RF Layouts , i want to know how to draw layout of inductor and dimention calculations????? and any special layer will use for extracting inductor in layout
like simple formula for Resistor R= Ro(L/W)xNo of fing...
if any sugations....... most welcome
thanks
regards

v.srinivas said:
Hi guys
iam really intrested in RF Layouts , i want to know how to draw layout of inductor and dimention calculations????? and any special layer will use for extracting inductor in layout
like simple formula for Resistor R= Ro(L/W)xNo of fing...
if any sugations....... most welcome
thanks
regards

Actually in RF circuit design, the layout of the inductors are available in PDK, however, if you are really interested in inductor layout, you can refer to the thesis given by the other person. But in my opinion, the inductor design flow is like this:
estimation->choose dimentions roughly->fabrication->testing->modeling and then the inductor is available in the PDK rather than:

accurate calculation->layout->fabrication->testing->modeling I guess the test result you have here is deviated from your calculation result largely.

sgperzoid

v.srinivas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back