Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate ßdc (help required!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdmuashr

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have 7 measured values of IC for 7 different values of IB and now I want to calculate βdc and therefore I have to divide IC by IB at the operating point. However, what I don’t understand is how to determine operating point. Or stated otherwise which of the 7 values of IC and IB correspond to the operating point?

Hi,

I have 7 measured values of IC for 7 different values of IB and now I want to calculate βdc and therefore I have to divide IC by IB at the operating point. However, what I don’t understand is how to determine operating point. Or stated otherwise which of the 7 values of IC and IB correspond to the operating point?

I suppose you speak about a transistor, correct?
The operating point of the transistor is defined using DC values for Ic and Vce.
Ic is normally selected with respect to some other conditions (signal gain, power consumption, input resistance) and the corresponding value of Vce depends on the resistors (Rc, Re) in the path where Ic resp. Ie exists. The current Ib simply depends on the DC current gain which nearly is constant over the Ic range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back