Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to build a remote connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassenman

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have an internet connection here via a modem 56 (rtc) and i'm getting adsl soon
i wanna share this adsl connection with 2 other computers .they r 40 meters from here . and it have to be wireless . because its in two diffrent houses .
i wanna know if its possible and if it is whats the maximum (can i use it for a more far computer ??))

plzzzzzz , its very important for me
what can i read , which book
thx a lot

You can use an access point to go from RF to ethernet. Then for security have the RF side use the encryption and a unique net name. You may need to have gain antennas at the two remote locations.

D-Link calls them wireless routers.

thx alot but for how long can it work .can it work for more than 50 mters ??
what book should i read to learn more about RF ?
thanks.

Hi,

NetGear is one of the best provider for this kind of material. See their site :

h**p://www.netgear.com/

replace * by t

thanks a lot
but a i'm not looking to a commercial solution
i'm trying to build it myself and i'm searching for books or something
thats why i'm here

Hello Dear
at my first message at the forum i suposed you have a server connected to a wireless access point (100mw) and high gain omni antenna you also can build it at home see **broken link removed**

both you can share internet with many places using usb adapters or wlan cards with small antennas.
range of 100mw can cover 1 klm

Added after 1 minutes:

Hello Dear
my first message at the forum i suposed you have a server connected to a wireless access point (100mw) and high gain omni antenna you also can build it at home see **broken link removed**

both you can share internet with many places using usb adapters or wlan cards with small antennas.
range of 100mw can cover 1 klm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back