Status
Not open for further replies.

hassenman

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have an internet connection here via a modem 56 (rtc) and i'm getting adsl soon
i wanna share this adsl connection with 2 other computers .they r 40 meters from here . and it have to be wireless . because its in two diffrent houses .
i wanna know if its possible and if it is whats the maximum (can i use it for a more far computer ??))

plzzzzzz , its very important for me
what can i read , which book
thx a lot

You can use an access point to go from RF to ethernet. Then for security have the RF side use the encryption and a unique net name. You may need to have gain antennas at the two remote locations.

D-Link calls them wireless routers.

thx alot but for how long can it work .can it work for more than 50 mters ??
what book should i read to learn more about RF ?
thanks.

Hi,

NetGear is one of the best provider for this kind of material. See their site :

h**p://www.netgear.com/

replace * by t

thanks a lot
but a i'm not looking to a commercial solution
i'm trying to build it myself and i'm searching for books or something
thats why i'm here

Hello Dear
at my first message at the forum i suposed you have a server connected to a wireless access point (100mw) and high gain omni antenna you also can build it at home see **broken link removed**

both you can share internet with many places using usb adapters or wlan cards with small antennas.
range of 100mw can cover 1 klm

Added after 1 minutes:

Hello Dear
my first message at the forum i suposed you have a server connected to a wireless access point (100mw) and high gain omni antenna you also can build it at home see **broken link removed**

both you can share internet with many places using usb adapters or wlan cards with small antennas.
range of 100mw can cover 1 klm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…