Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build a homemade tester for TTL 74xx series ICs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EStudent

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IC Tester

I'm new to electronics and currently taking a Logic Design course in which we use breadboards for experiments. In the lab we have tester for our experiments. I wish to make my own tester in order to do experiements at home. Our experiements deal with simple logic gate mirco chips, decoders, adders, encoders, and latches. So I would only need to test for the logic states of those types of chips. I'm looking for advice on designs to build a homemade tester for various TTL 74XX series ICs. Any thing will help here guys.

IC Tester

Not difficult ...

You need:

1) Power Supply (e.g. +5V)
2) LEDs (as indicator)
3) Push Button (to simulate input states)
4) Switches (to simulate input states)

IC Tester

You can use a parallel port interface project in which You use C language program to send pulses of 0's and 1's on the input pins of the IC and then read its output pin.
After that you check the readings with the truth table of the IC.
I think if you are a beginner it might be difficult for you but you can work with a C programmer who knows about parallel port interface

Status
Not open for further replies.