Not open for further replies.

rama_ynwa

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
detect rfid tag

i need to build a transmitter receiver circuit (simple circuit) in order to detect an rfid tag working at a particular frequency . . .
how should i proceed in order to build the circuit . . .
what is the simplest way of detecting rfid tags ?

detect rfid tag

if its part of ur project you can buy a readymade module from nsk electronics bangalore or sunrom ahmedabad.

and interface it to microcontroller via RS232

Re: detect rfid tag

ya . . . it is part of my project . . .
i want to use rfid inside a soccer ball and detect if it has completely crossed the goal line or not . ..
for that . . i need to build a circuit which will detect the rfid tag . . .
are there any easy ways of building such a transmitter/receiver circuit rather than buying them ?

As revealed in your second post, the problem is about precisely determining the tag's location rather than "detecting" it. That's
far from an usual RFID application.

I guess, only a multiple receiver UHF or microwave RFID system could accomplish it. You may want to start with considering available
antenna positions and calculating required phase/time-of-flight resolution to achieve the intended positional detection.

I know, that similar systems have been suggested and partly evaluated e.g. for tennis or soccer. I guess, they are rather using
an active beacon transmitter than RFID technology.

actually , this transmitter/receiver system that i want to build will be placed inside the ball along with the tag.
my prof. wants me to detect the rfid tag first . .. and then apply it in the project .
so i need to build a circuit which will detect the tag working at a particular freq .

this transmitter/receiver system that i want to build will be placed inside the ball along with the tag
Sorry, I miss the basic project idea.

Apart from this specific question, existing RFID standards are using different modulation techniques to carry ID information.
You should choose a particular frequency before going to the details. You'll find most information, including many standard
documents at the internet.
See e.g.: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…