Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to build a circuit to detect rfid tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

rama_ynwa

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
detect rfid tag

i need to build a transmitter receiver circuit (simple circuit) in order to detect an rfid tag working at a particular frequency . . .
how should i proceed in order to build the circuit . . .
what is the simplest way of detecting rfid tags ?

detect rfid tag

if its part of ur project you can buy a readymade module from nsk electronics bangalore or sunrom ahmedabad.

and interface it to microcontroller via RS232

Re: detect rfid tag

ya . . . it is part of my project . . .
i want to use rfid inside a soccer ball and detect if it has completely crossed the goal line or not . ..
for that . . i need to build a circuit which will detect the rfid tag . . .
are there any easy ways of building such a transmitter/receiver circuit rather than buying them ?

As revealed in your second post, the problem is about precisely determining the tag's location rather than "detecting" it. That's
far from an usual RFID application.

I guess, only a multiple receiver UHF or microwave RFID system could accomplish it. You may want to start with considering available
antenna positions and calculating required phase/time-of-flight resolution to achieve the intended positional detection.

I know, that similar systems have been suggested and partly evaluated e.g. for tennis or soccer. I guess, they are rather using
an active beacon transmitter than RFID technology.

actually , this transmitter/receiver system that i want to build will be placed inside the ball along with the tag.
my prof. wants me to detect the rfid tag first . .. and then apply it in the project .
so i need to build a circuit which will detect the tag working at a particular freq .

this transmitter/receiver system that i want to build will be placed inside the ball along with the tag
Sorry, I miss the basic project idea.

Apart from this specific question, existing RFID standards are using different modulation techniques to carry ID information.
You should choose a particular frequency before going to the details. You'll find most information, including many standard
documents at the internet.
See e.g.: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back