Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build a analog flip flop

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDA_hg81

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 50MHZ analog clock signal from -2V to +3V.

I want to use analog flip flop to generate 25MHZ 50% duty cycle clock.

How I can do it?

Thanks.

Any divide by 2 circuit will work, like this one: **broken link removed**

If you are committed to using a transistor flip-flop for experience or teaching, let us know. There are simple circuits for that.

john

Please let me know the transistor flip-flop.

I want to find a good quality analog flip flop.

Thank you so much.

Please let me know the transistor flip-flop.

That I can do, or just search on transistor flip flop. Here are just two of many sources:

**broken link removed**)
Transistor RS Flip Flop Tutorial & Circuits - Flip Flop Tutorials - Electronic Hobby Projects

I want to find a good quality analog flip flop.

I am not quite sure what you mean by an "analog flip-flop." If you notice in my earlier reply, I somehow assumed you meant a transistor flip-flop.

John

That I can do, or just search on transistor flip flop. Here are just two of many sources
Unfortunately, the shown transistor flip-flops aren't suited as frequency divider, requiring a D- or T-FF rather than the shown simple RS-FFs.

@FvM
You got me there. Long day at the farm -- really. Here is a "slightly" more complicated edge triggered, transistor flip-flop (it's about half way down): **broken link removed**

@alexan_e: I didn't mean the 555 part. I meant the frequency divider part with a flip-flop. The SN7474 shown would not make the 50 MHz part, though.

I got up at 0400 local, and post #2 was the last thing I did as I rushed out the door. Next time, I will be sure to be awake. Thanks for pointing out my oversights. I'm going to have a Scotch and go to bed. Early day tomorrow, too.

John

Here is a "slightly" more complicated edge triggered, transistor flip-flop.
I also a remember a two-transistor toggle FF with a CD circuit that provided alternate switching. I doubt that it would work well with a 50 MHz clock, I fear the same with the complicated one. Consider that even a classical TTL FF doesn't work at 50 MHz.

I'm not sure of the specification
I have a 50MHZ analog clock signal from -2V to +3V.
I want to use analog flip flop to generate 25MHZ 50% duty cycle clock.

I'm not sure about the voltage specification of the divided clock, he mentions -2 to +3v as the original clock that he wants to divide but what should be the range of the divided clock?

Alex

the divided clock should be -2V to +3V too.

Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back