Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to become a mixed-signal IC designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynhe

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I will go to ShangHai for mixed-signal IC design.Please give some advise on how to become a eligible mixed-signal IC designer.I have zero experience in this area but some discrete analog circuit design.

Thanks and Happy Xmas!

first of all ,
go through "signals and system"
then learn some Digital Design Tools and learn their design flow.
Last but not least, do some real stuff.

qslazio said:
first of all ,

Why, I wonder, should "signals&systems" be considered first?

I guess what qslazio means is to have a better understanding on 'real' signals, analog and digital.

Pipeline said:
qslazio said:
first of all ,

Why, I wonder, should "signals&systems" be considered first?
In my opinion, for Mixed-SIGNAL circuit design, a solid knowledge on some classical theories in "Signal and System" and "Digital signal process" is required for a good designer,
and sometime the circuit is easy to build, but the theory behind them is difficult to understand.

I think A/D is the most way.

After you have designed some circuits, you will found the "signal and system" and DSP is very important!
If you have no knowlege of it, you can not begin you design.

besides that, as a mixed signal IC designer, should have a battle with noise and non-linear. :)

piao said:
besides that, as a mixed signal IC designer, should have a battle with noise and non-linear. :)

I think, as a mixed signal IC designer,1sh step you should design an opa well by yourself. :)

Added after 28 minutes:

chency said:
piao said:

I think, as a mixed signal IC designer,1sh step you should design an opa well by yourself. :)

of cause noise ,power dissipation ,linearity ....like your friends(enemy) will presence you without your invite when designing u chip.

can you tell me ,which company chose you!!

Working hard in digital first ( the easy part), 2-3 years, and starting to do analog after that.
Your first contact with mixed will be in digital world, working on memory!
Your 2-nd contact will be on signal distribution, wher cross-talk and other problems related to this will appear.
After that you will find I/Os! This is realy nice!

Don't start with mixed! I know some people which do this, and the results are not so good.

Be creative.

I also want to know which company ?maybe i will go!

gabi71ro's sugesstion is reasonable. But it is a hard road.

for being a good mixed signal designer u must have agood feel of analog integrated circuits such as opamps,current mirrors and comparators.u must also know digital design and according to present and future u must also have good knowledge of deep submicron issues

for the digital part, does it mean the custom design? or like the ASIC design, using a lot of tools do HDL and synthesis?
konqueror said:
for being a good mixed signal designer u must have agood feel of analog integrated circuits such as opamps,current mirrors and comparators.u must also know digital design and according to present and future u must also have good knowledge of deep submicron issues

Added after 8 minutes:

so this means i better to take DSP course now. (I am in school to learn the circuit design now.) Also, do you think it is useful to take the "introduction to communication system" course to do the circuit design?
sadfish said:
After you have designed some circuits, you will found the "signal and system" and DSP is very important!
If you have no knowlege of it, you can not begin you design.

No doubt ,fundamental knowledge in signal&systems is very important,
but the knowledge in semiconductor and circuits is more important,
you can have experiance after 3 months
goog luck!

Find a job, learn how! you can start to design the mixed signal circuit step by step,
But if you only learn it from the book, it will be very difficault to be a good designer.

1-system and signal
2-theory of control system
3-digital design
4-analog design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back