Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to average two voltage signals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mengghee

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Averaging Voltage Signal

Hiye everybody,

Can anybody tell me how i can average out two signal. say i have a v1=3v and v2=5v and i want to average the two value... is there any amplifier configuration or simpler way i can average the two signal ? thank you.

regards,
mengghee

Re: Averaging Voltage Signal

Mengghee,
You want vo=(v1+v2)/2 ? a simple summing instrument amplifier can do that. Set the feedback resistor and input resistor the same.

mengghee said:
Hiye everybody,

Can anybody tell me how i can average out two signal. say i have a v1=3v and v2=5v and i want to average the two value... is there any amplifier configuration or simpler way i can average the two signal ? thank you.

regards,
mengghee

Added after 10 minutes:

Fig.28.
**broken link removed**

It should be 2R at the input and R at the feedback.

hoonsk said:
Mengghee,
You want vo=(v1+v2)/2 ? a simple summing instrument amplifier can do that. Set the feedback resistor and input resistor the same.

mengghee said:
Hiye everybody,

regards,
mengghee

mengghee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Averaging Voltage Signal

How about something even simpler. Connect two equal resistors in series and probe the middle node. This is actually sometimes used for common mode feedback, where the differential outputs are connected to V1 and V2, and Vout is connected to some common mode feedback network.

mengghee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.