Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to auto routing at schematic level (virtuoso schematic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizalism

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need to connect few blocks together with same net. So, there is any script that we can use for auto routing for that net on schematic level?

Thanks,

Re: How to auto routing at schematic level (virtuoso schemat

You don't need to route them together. Just label all wires of the node with the same nodename.

If every device in schematic is "connected by name" you can avoid schematics at all!

Put your circuit into a netlist. But please use hashcodes for the instance names and net names. A t least crypt the hole netlist.

Schematic outline and drawing connectivity is a visual explaination style. There are also specfic style guides used in the 70-80s for board designs and also for IC designs. Not using them should simply ending up in crypting the netlist.

Schematics are for humans to explain and educate. At least for your self. If ther si other intentions please crypt.

You are right rfsystem. But I need to submit the schematic to layout team, where most of the layout are juniors. :(

So to understand; the routing is not part of some device level placement information. In this case you doing in fact preplacement by avoiding crossing nets so that the device level schematic looks more nice.

Buth in your case here you need already some channel router. I know the algos of the highly regular channel routers for layout from the 90s. But block level routing in schematic with free placement of rectangulars is difficult math. So I think the code will be really be time consuming.

The kind of code is not interessting but the methods wich make this work sophisticated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back