Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to assign PML Boundary for horn antenna in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soni Singh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ......
Can any one tell me how to assign PML Boundary for horn Antenna in HFSS.

Re: PML Boundary in hfss

Hello ......
Can any one tell me how to assign PML Boundary for horn Antenna in HFSS.

I have never done it, but I know the free HFSS antenna Design Kit (ADK) has the ability to design horn antennas, and I know one can select the PML as the boundary. So you might look at generating an antenna in the ADK, then looking at the model it generates in HFSS. I also know its possible to add the PML manually or let HFSS do it for you automatically. But I can't help you any more, since I've never used it myself.

Dave

Not to state the obvious, but you could also go to the HFSS help and search 'PML'. There is a walkthrough...

Have Fun

Not to state the obvious, but you could also go to the HFSS help and search 'PML'. There is a walkthrough...

Have Fun

Thanks for ur reply ,But actually my problem is how PML boundary useful for SAR(Specific Absorption rate) calculation in HFSS in which horn Antenna is used as a radiating element.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never done it, but I know the free HFSS antenna Design Kit (ADK) has the ability to design horn antennas, and I know one can select the PML as the boundary. So you might look at generating an antenna in the ADK, then looking at the model it generates in HFSS. I also know its possible to add the PML manually or let HFSS do it for you automatically. But I can't help you any more, since I've never used it myself.

Dave

Thanks for ur reply:):)

Thanks for ur reply ,But actually my problem is how PML boundary useful for SAR(Specific Absorption rate) calculation in HFSS in which horn Antenna is used as a radiating element.

Not to state the obvious (shamelesly copying tallface65's expression), but if you have a specific issue about SAR and PML, you should have stated that at the beggining. Few, if any people reading this forum have the ability to read your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back