Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to assign more I/O pins in fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesh.balaram

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai

i am new to fpga board... i am using spartan 3e.. i have instantiated block ram by using unisim library... and i want to test the block ram by dumping into the fpga... problem is that my block ram has 9 bit address , 8 bit datainput,clk,rst,we,
how can i connect to fpga io buffer... since development board has only four slide switches , and 4 push up buttons... can any body help please....????

OK. first things first..you cant dump block ram onto fpga. Its already there in it.
I/Os should not be a problem as your developement board must be having user defined I/Os available in given as berg strip.
You need to assign your pins (your block rams portmap here) to the available i/os.
refer to development board user manual before doing any experiment.
And by the way welcome to FPGA world.

Status
Not open for further replies.