Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to analyse a circuit with multiple feedback loops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

efun

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There are several feedback loops in my circuit: except a main feedback loop, there are some other internal feedback loops.

Although the main loop is stable, but the circuit still oscillates due to another internal feedback loop. But the problem is that I am not able to discover which internal loop causes the unstability, because some paths of different loops overlap, which makes this problem quite confusing.

Could someone can give me some tipps, how can I analyze this problem of facing a circuit with multiple feeback loops which are not easy to seperate?

Obviously, if the loops "overlap", you can't identify a single loop that causes the instability.

I would start to visualize each loop gain, e.g. by bode diagrams.

See also this contribution:

efun

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
efun said:
Although the main loop is stable, but the circuit still oscillates due to another internal feedback loop.

Are you sure that the problem is an internal loop? That means: The system oscillates when the main loop is open?

efun

There is no easy way out of this. Don't make a circuit with so many loops. Can you share what you're trying to do. We could suggest alternate ways to get there.

efun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back