Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to amplify capacitance

Status
Not open for further replies.

svensl

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Is there any way to amplify the change in capacitance? For example, consider a capacitor that changes its capacitance with pressure, for example. The capacitor will have a center capacitance and then a very small deviation around it due to different pressures. The problem is that the deviation is very small and the circuit in which I want to use the pressure dependent capacitor is not sensitive enough to pick up this minute change in capacitance. Is there any way to amplify just the deviation in capacitance? Again, I don’t want to amplify the center capacitance as this is already big, I just need an amplified value for the deviation.

Thanks,
Sven

capacitance cannot be amplified. only voltages and currents can be done using amplifiers which in turn get those things from dc sources. so if u want to have more cap. u shd have more cap.in some form . no lunch is for free my friend.

instead of looking at the change in cap. ,which is minute, you can look at the change in voltage across that and that δV could be amplified prudently . you can go for a wheatstone network with capacitors as arms.

venkateshr suggested "wheatstone network with capacitors as arms".
Another name for that is "capacitance bridge". Search Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.