Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to add metal slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightcloud

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to know how to add metal slot in soce?

best regards

hi lightcloud,

Are you talking about metal slotting violations, in DRC run? if it is so then, metal slotting goes like this.

In most manufacturing processes, a metal layer cannot be layered in uniform thickness. Wide wires typically result in high metal densities. Metal applied over a wide area is thin in the middle and thick on the edges, causing yielding and current density problems in that metal segment. Use metal slotting to control metal density in your design.
Candidates for slotting are wires with a width that is greater than the specified maximum width. The Magma tool performs slotting on a segment−by−segment (or wire−by−wire) basis−cutting the segments that are wider than maximum width into multiple, thinner segments of the same type. The tool ensures that each thin segment is narrower than the specified maximum width

Hi,
can you tell me how to make metal slot in wide metal such as power route
in soc encounter?

Hi,

I have no idea about SOC-encounter. But in MAGMA we use to define this metal slotting rule while doing library preparation. there should be some way to define in encounter also

Unfortunately SOCE does not support wide metal slotting.

Once way you can do is write a script to cut the wire according to a given dimension and make holes and then select and delete the holes to form slot.
I am working on a tcl script to do it. I will update you when I have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back