Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add IO during synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

doreen105

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have io lib,and the synthesis tool is RTL compiler of cadence.How to add IO to my design .When I import the gate netlist to encounter,will there a ring of IO around the core area???

Thanks very much

i don't know if i'm right or wrong. hopefully, ppl will correct me.

when i had a netlist, i opened the lib file to check for IO modules in it and used that to write a wrapper. i.e. for each input/output ports of my netlist, i made it pass through a io module in my lib.

the lef contains the physical information of the iopads. so, when netlist is imported to the backend tool, along with the io specification file, the pads get created.

Hi Sree205,
The procedure you said is corect, but it also need to add the location of the IO pad as a seperate constraint.

sree205 said:
i don't know if i'm right or wrong. hopefully, ppl will correct me.

when i had a netlist, i opened the lib file to check for IO modules in it and used that to write a wrapper. i.e. for each input/output ports of my netlist, i made it pass through a io module in my lib.

the lef contains the physical information of the iopads. so, when netlist is imported to the backend tool, along with the io specification file, the pads get created.

Hi Sree,
can you specify it more clearly..

during synthesis only db are read actual IO are put during placement and foor planning

sarath51 said:
during synthesis only db are read actual IO are put during placement and floor planning

what do you mean by "only db are read".....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back